Please join me in supporting Measure A. Measure A renews the lease of our county hospital with Dignity Health managing it.
Measure A keeps our hospital and five rural clinics open. Over 80 rural hospitals have closed in the past 10 years.
Measure A does not increase any taxes.
Support Measure A so that Calaveras County:
1. Has an acute care hospital for all of us to use.
2. Entrust Dignity Health with running the hospital to recruit primary care physicians to our county.
3. Have local health care available to all for treating common problems that we all will face someday.
4. Ensures existing services are not closed, such as pain clinic, oncology, urology, general surgery, orthopedics, etc.
5. Requires a minimum of 25 beds at Mark Twain Medical Center.
6. Keeps public ownership of the hospital, and public representation at the hospital corporate board.
Please support Measure A.
Dr. Rodger Orman.